Planet Krull

Just one man. Just one voice. Just one planet.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Why This Blog Exists

The only reason I created this blog was so I could leave a comment to the creator of a Blogger blog. He (I assume the creator is a he) does not allow anonymous comments.

What kind of blog would have me jumping though Blogger's hoops just so I could leave a measly comment? The blog in question is
here. As a 16-year resident of the Dayton area I've seen both the good and the bad parts of town. Granted, I've hung out more in the good than in the bad.

This guy (whoever he is) has managed to snap photos from the great unwashed middle between the good and the bad. His photos portray a side of Dayton which is more prevalent than folks would care to admit. They are honest. None of them will end up on a post card for sale in the airport gift shop, and yet they all speak a truth about this little city. Truths missed on those grand shots of downtown framed by the sky to the top and the Great Miami River to the bottom.

After having taken some time off, he's back. I hope he keeps on taking and posting more shots of the Gem city.

3 Comments:

Blogger realdayton said...

thank you so much for your kind words. I'm out this afternoon to shoot more. The blog is really taking off again (it was quite the topic of conversation when I started it).

Thanks,

drexel dave sparks

http://www.bedpanart.com

http://www.myspace.com/drexelohio

6/05/2006 12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you so much for your kind words. I'm out this afternoon to shoot more. The blog is really taking off again (it was quite the topic of conversation when I started it).

Thanks,

drexel dave sparks

http://www.bedpanart.com

http://www.myspace.com/drexelohio

6/05/2006 12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As far as I can tell, his photos tell it how is in Dayton, I've been driving a taxi here for almost 15 years. All those photos is what I see everyday in this city. The very first photo I seen was an old friend of mine, the old man walking in the OD yesterday. That guy works 12 hours a day 7 days a week, or atleast he used to. Hang out at the bus station for a few hours, you could snap hundreds of photos for his site. Joe josephminnich@gmail.com

6/20/2006 9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home